Sunday 25 November 2012

Wine and Cake Night


Despite being 22 years old i continue to act like a 40 year old. An example of this is discouraging my friends to go out and instead asking them to bake and join me for a civilized evening of wine and cake. Although we are exactly a month away from christmas, i littered our flat with christmas decorations and prepared for a ridiculously christmassy themed evening.

 My flat mates truly out did themselves! Cate made a beautiful quiche Lorraine, Katie made hazelnut crescent biscuits from a family recipe, Dev made goats cheesed and caramelised onion muffins and Josh surprised everyone and produced lovely little cupcakes Mary Berry would be proud of!

I decided to serve up my cranberry, orange and cherry cake ( recipe on my blog), but this time added apples to the mixture and a little christmas glitter which seemed to go down well!


 Overall it was a fantastic evening and it was nice to do something different. I spent all of the next day munching on our left overs, i ate 4 lemon sherbert biscuits made by my friend charlotte. I am already planning the Mad Hatter's Tea party for next term, and in preparation, a few more visits to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment