Sunday 25 November 2012

Paris




Last weekend I was lucky enough to be taken away for the weekend to celebrate my mum’s 50th birthday. I first went to Paris when I was 15 and it is difficult for me not to want to go back to a city ridden with large collections of art and beautiful food.

Having visited the main tourists attractions before it was really enjoyable to just wander round the city and peer into shop windows and take it all in. Even watching people park their cars was entertainment in itself. Cars were parked in any space they could find and it was not uncommon to see someone casually crash into another car and then walk away as if it was the most normal thing.


The thing I was most excited for was the food and wine. In my flat we seem to over indulge every weekend but this did not stop me delicately stuffing my face with macarons and croissants. The thing I like about French food is the attention to flavour. Every sauce is made up of the most amazing produce and reduced to something rich and delicious. The pastries are so carefully constructed and displayed in the large glass cases that make them look even more precious. On the Saturday evening we went to a small French bistro that served the best soup I have ever tasted.


I can honestly say that despite the extensiveness of my consumption of food that weekend, I did not go back to university feeling guilty at all! I think it is almost rude to go to Paris and not over indulge. No doubt I will maintain the same mentality every time I go to Paris, ignoring my ever-growing waistline and continuing to taste test every macaron in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment